Celebrate the anniversary of the March 8 anniversary of the world’s first female pilot licence. Raise awareness with Pink Paper Planes
Nothing is as simple and inexpensive as making a Pink Paper Plane. Yet, nothing is as symbolic and powerful as making a Pink Paper Plane.
The Challenge is opened to anyone regardless of gender. It is a great way to start a conversation, foster a culture shift, raise awareness, and celebrate the March 8 anniversary of the world’s first female pilot licence.
Pink Paper Plane Photo Challenge
From March 4 to 10, 2024, raise awareness and make history. Help establish two world records inspired by our 2024 “15 for 15” theme..
One will document the most people each offering Pink Paper Planes to 15 women and girls or more. The other will aim to showcase the most artworks made with Pink Paper Planes by groups of 15 people.
Take photos or create a video summary of your “15 for 15” Pink Paper Plane activity. Add them to our Pink Paper Plane World Map.
Make your entry stand out and win a commemorative plaque.
iWOAW will give awards to the individuals or groups who contribute the most outstanding photos to the world map in the following categories:
- Photo of most people holding/flying Pink Paper Planes
- Photo of largest artwork made with Pink Paper Planes
NOTE: To be eligible for the above Pink Paper Plane Awards, photos must be taken during Women Of Aviation Worldwide Week and added to our Pink Paper Plane World Map before the deadline. To be eligible for other awards, please follow related instructions.
How to Participate
1) Download our Pink Paper Plane template and make Pink Paper Planes.
2) Take Pink Paper Plane photos during Women Of Aviation Worldwide Week. Note the photo location (address or coordinates).
3) Add your Pink Paper Plane photo to the world map before the submission deadline.
4) Challenge your friends and colleagues across the globe to participate. #WOAW24 #PinkPaperPlaneChallenge
Take the Pink Paper Plane Challenge
Submissions March 4-14, 2024